Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Highlights from May

May was a full month! The month started with me taking a trip to the States, where I was for less than a week. I was there for my boyfriend's and my brother's graduation from NNU. After that, I went to Sighisoara, Romania for a week-long visit to see my Romanian family and to participate in ministry there. Finally, I was back in Razgrad for the latter part of May, when we celebrated the day of Cyrill and Methodious (missionary monks who created the Cyrillic, and thus Bulgarian, alphabet, and translated the Bible into Bulgarian). The month ended with going to two "balls" (aka grad parties) to celebrate two young ladies from church who graduated from highschool. So many activities in May, and so many wonderful memories. :)

Continue reading if you'd like to see the pictures!
While in Idaho, Michael and I went to the wedding of some Chinese friends


Sunrise in Bucharest

Michael and I back together!

My whole family (minus Daniel)
 
 
Michael graduated!!


I got to meet my Romanian nephew, Tibi, for the first time!
Such an adorable little guy :)

The week I was in Sighisoara, I got to help with the preschoolers.
Here, we are feeding them a snack.


Me and the clock tower in Sighisoara

My Romanian family, minus a few people

Me and Diana Cini, from Tigmandru

My friend Magda Cini, the pastor of Tigmandru Church of the Nazarene

Together with my dear sister Sandy!


This is how Bulgarians pick cherries... they break off branches, and take those home!
Climb tree, and eat as many cherries as you like :)
A beautiful day in May :)
Close to my house in Razgrad
Orange Fanta is a tasty treat!
(It tastes different than in the States)
I made banitsa, and it turned out well
Going out to eat at a traditional Bulgarian restaurant

My friend Lilly!
She graduated from high school this year
A celebration for Cyrill and Methodius day
(Also called Bulgarian Alphabet celebration day, or Bulgarian culture day)

Talking with some ladies at church
the clock tower and chalk drawings in Razgrad




No comments:

Post a Comment